Saturday, November 15, 2014

Some new aspects of Naqshe Jahan square

A view from the Jame- Abbasi mosque / Naqshe Jahan square / Southern side













I had a post about Naqshe Jahan square about 2 years ago. There, I had introduced that square. And also in some of my other posts, my subjects had been from that square and it's bazaar and the historic buildings around there.
Here I have collected some old and new sketches of this square that I have done by pencil, graphite and charcoal, and tried to show different sides of this square from new points of view. I wish you enjoy this showcase of one of the town's beauties through my eyes.

Naqshe Jahan square/ Panoramic view / Ali Qapu palace is located on the western side

Jame- Abbasi mosque / Another view

Gheisarieh: Grand entrance to the bazaar of Naqsh-e Jahan square / Northern side

Western side / Saadi alley
 
Western side / Saadi alley / Closer view


Ali Qapu palace / Western side
Ali Qapu entrance is seen in the background

























Sheikh Lotfollah mosque / Eastern side

   And some sketches of the carriages in the square.



 


There are many traditional handicraft shops around the square. 

Shopkeepers
 
Shopkeepers


No comments: